Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. So we’re on the long protocol. Today is day 11 of buserelin. Supposed to be in for down reg scan on 14th but they’ve moved it to 19th as not had a bleed yet (sorry-tmi!)
Back in May, by which time i’d had 4 very early miscarriages, Nurture suggested i had some recurrent miscarriage blood screening. Came back saying slightly positive ana (anti-nuclear summat!). Basicallycan be an autoimmune thing that can cause cells in womb to reject embryo. They said at the time could take baby aspirin but it might not even be a problem & get tested again in 2-3 months time. It’s come back positive again & now they’ve told me 2 things- take aspirin now on & someone different said take it from embryo transfer. I’ve told them to tell me which!
They’ve said could normally prescribe prednisone (steroid) but not doing that cos of covid.
I’ve read up on it (probs shouldn’t have) & it looks like raised ana can really impact ivf success. I feel like pushing for the steroids to give myself the best chance, as i’m double-jabbed & being careful where i go anyway. Does anyone know anything about this?
We have secondary infertility so funding ivf privately & can’t afford repeated cycles :-(
TIA xx

·
Registered
420 Posts
My GP was happy to prescribe me prednisolone when my clinic weren't, BUT that was only after tests at a Tommy's miscarriage unit (the Coventry one) which prescribed pred, and with me working from home etc. I'm not a medic and don't know if pred is definitely necessary for raised ANAs (my issue is NK cell problems in the uterine lining) - clinics can be quite over-enthusiastic in prescribing it when it's not necessary (or were, till the pandemic), so if you can I'd ask why they would have given you it before the pandemic, what the research indicates and whether it's worth the risk (which is not insignificant as I understand it). If it's likely to make a significant difference then see if your GP can help and your clinic are happy to treat you with you taking it but prescribed by someone else. Best of luck. x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts