Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience in the UK of going through IVF with an autoimmune disease?

I have got positive anti-nuclear antibodies as I have got Still's Disease (now inactive) and from everything that I have read, this can be a problem when you are undergoing IVF as it can prevent embryo implantation.  I have not managed to get the medics I have seen so far to take this issue very seriously and they don't propose to treat me any differently from anybody else without this problem.  However, I understand that studies have shown IVF to be more successful for women with this condition who are treated with steroids (prednisolone) and low dose aspirin.  Has anyone received this treatment in the UK???  If I ask for it, would they be likely to prescribe me the steroids?  (I am well acquainted with prednisolone having been on it for 2 years in the past!)

It would be good to find other ladies who have also got antibody problems as treatment here seems to be very 'hit and miss' - one other lady I came across with the same disease was told that she should never even try to have children!!!!!!!

Love,

Angel
xxx

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Angel,
My clinic test for abnormal NK (natural killer) activity.  I am nearly 8 weeks and have been prescribed asprin, dexamethasone, heparin and have also had 3 IVIG's.  I would recommend the ARGC to treat this type of problem.  M

1 - 3 of 3 Posts