Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to start my first cycle of IVF and wondered if anyone has any knowledge of what Dian Mills might say about a suitable diet for IVF. At the moment I am doing wheat free, dairy free, no caffeine, no alcohol, no sugar, no additives etc etc - what fun I'm having! But i've read about needing protein for IVF and am therefore thinking that perhaps I should go back on dairy. I have a lot of lentils etc at the moment but wonder if anyone has an idea what sort of quantity of protein per day might be required. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice. Very good luck to everyone  :)

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Dear hb,

I personally would not do anything too drastic before an ivf cycle.  I think cutting out additives, caffeine, alcohol etc. is a good idea.  I personally would just have a balanced diet with lots of fruit and veg. and protein from meat or if veggie. lentils etc.

Have you been onto the Marilyn Glenville and Zita West websites?  They have lots of info. about diet.

The other thing would be to make sure you have a good pre-natal vitamin and drink lots (2-3 litres) of water a day.

Daisy
x

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi hb,

For my first ivf, I did a lot of work with the nutritionist at Zita West. Like you, I did wheat free, dairy free, sugar free, caffeine free, no alcohol, no additives, no microwave, all steamed/broiled or raw food. It was really great and I definitely felt a big difference physically. Protein played a pretty big part as well, especially during stims. I was advised to have lots of fish and chicken, occasional red meat, pulses, legumes and nuts (particularly Brazil nuts and almonds!). I was definitely getting adequate proteins without a spot of dairy. Zita's book, Fertility and Conception, has a lot of nutritional information that I still find really helpful. I'm not seeing the nutritionist for this cycle, but I've definitely carried on the same habits for the best chance.

good luck!
jen x

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Hb,

I've also just come across the Dian Mills diet.  I bought her book to help with my endometriosis, but I only really read it just as I started my first cycle of IVF (I'm currently on the dreaded 2ww!).  I've elected to cut out wheat as this is relatively easy, but decided to keep the dairy, at least for now.  I actually eat quite a lot of dairy - I love cheese!! - and it's not only about the protein, but the calcium as well.  I would be careful starting any diet close to your IVF cycle, because I've certainly found it a lot more physically demanding than I expected, but if you've been following it for a while you will probably be OK.

Best of Luck for your forthcoming attempt.

Love Ros - xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.