Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Well after over 4 years of TTC and numerous tests, investigations and treatments, me and my husband are about to start our first cycle of IVF, I'm both excited and nervous, I just have one question does anyone know much about FSH levels, I've been told by the hospital that the 'normal' range is between 2.9 and 8.2, and in all my FSH blood tests my result has always been around the 7 mark, but for some reason today I got a result of 9!! I'm just a bit worried as one of our options is egg sharing but the clinic we attend doesnt accept patients whose FSH is over 10, so I'm getting very close to the max level! Does anyone know why it might of gone up, the clinic have said there not worried as I have plenty of follicles on my ovarys and that its probably just a 'blip', has anyone else ever experienced this? All my other results came in fine.

I start down-regging on the 18th February!!! Fingers Crossed!!
Good Luck to Everyone Else Having Treatment

Take Care
Amanda xx

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Hi Amanda!

I think the FSH levels vary every month.

One month mine was 9.4, the next month it went down to 6.3. I've been chatting to another lady on here, who had an FSH level of 3 one month and 8 on a second test. Your clinic doesn't sound worried from what you say, so that's the important thing, and at least you are under the 10 mark, so egg sharing will hopefully still be an option. So try not to worry, hun.

I start down regging on the same day as you!

^goodluck^ with you tx
luv and ^fairydust^ Nat  xx ^wave^

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, it has really helped, I spoke to the nurse at the clinic yesterday as my FSH result was really bothering me, and she said that my last result for FSH which was in 2003 was 7.4 and that I really shouldnt worry as they've got loads of scan pictures of my ovarys (from previous treatments) and it shows I've got lots of potential eggs, although I did find out that was LH was 9.7 which is a little bit higher than 'normal', but again I was told its not a problem, I've read that if your LH is higher than your FSH it can be a indicator of PCOS, but as the difference between the readings was minimal I was told not to read to much into it. My prolactin and thyoid results were excellent so some positive did come out of it! I'll speak to the nurses again on mon to see what the doctors have said about my drug amounts so fingers crossed!!

Take Care
Amanda xx ^goodluck^

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Hi :)

Glad you're sounding more positive!
My blood results sound v similar to yours. One month my FSH was higher than my LH and the following month my LH was higher than my FSH. I was told (like you read) that this could be an indicator of PCOS. Although there was nothing to indicate this on u/s. Plus I have a v regular cycle.
I was still really bothered though, but the consultant assured me that if it's only by a minimal amount, it's nothing to worry about. Possibly just a blip like you clinic says.

Fingers crossed this one is the one ^reiki^ !!

Heres to a pregnant 2005!

luv Nat ^wave^ ^fairydust^
^goodluck^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts