Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been refused IVF after having simple ovarian cysts??
I have been having preliminary investigations for IVF. In March I had a normal ultrasound, but by early July had developed multiple simple cysts on both ovaries. I saw my consultant again this Tuesday and except for one small cyst the problem seems to have resolved (treatment: combined pill, plus acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine). Although I am better he is now saying I cannot have IVF as I will just make more cysts, and I should use an egg donor (I was ovulating normally before the cysts developed). I am absolutely devastated as I am 45 years old and have not been able to conceive before now because of severe chronic illness.
I have spoken to my acupuncturist (Daniel Elliot)today and he said he has never heard of anyone being told that they cannot try IVF in these circumstrances. If there is anybody out there who has had cysts and is having IVF treatment please, please let me know, and if you are in the South-East please let me know which clinic you are using.
Thanks,
Cygnus.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hi Cygnus,

this must be all a big shock for you ^Cuddle^. Did your consultant give any reason, apart from the cysts? I had simple cyst too, which my clinic wasn't worried about. But by the time I started tx I also had small endo cysts on my ovaries. As they were so small my clinic still went ahead with tx. I don't have great quality eggs but still good enough for tx. I think a lot of women on here have the same problems but still go on to have healthy babies. I had 2 embryos transfered on Monday and I'm now in my 2ww. I'm in London but went to a clinic in Belgium, so can't give you any personal recommendation but from all the feed back on here it looks like ARGC and Lister are the best. 

Please don't give up, and Good luck.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sushi

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello Cygnus, I have endo and had a lap back in feb to drain them.  I am now on my first IVF, and my cysts (which are chocolate endo cysts) have come back, on both ovaries.  I was pretty upset, but my consultant didn't seem to think it was a major obstacle, I am down regging now and I will have both cysts aspirated before starting stimms - wether it works or not is a different matter I guess :-\

Good Luck  :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.