Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi  :)
Is anyone currently having or have had treatment at James Cook, I am due for egg collection Monday and feeling a bit nervous as I have never met any of the staff and a bit unsure of what to expect. ???

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hi KatyB

I am also having treatment at James Cook, my egg collection is in about 3 weeks so just started the first lot of injections. You will be fine when you go in on Monday, everybody is so lovely there really look after you and DH.

I gather this is your first time, good luck I will be thinking about you. I am on my 4th go at the moment.  I know that you are new to this site but I have been looking over the last couple of months and there say that you should drink pineapple juice (either 100% fresh - not concentrated or fresh pineapple) as it is full of selenium and is suppose to help the eggs during your 2 weeks wait, so I have been drinking lots of the stuff lately, anything is worth a try.

Take care over the next couple of weeks just take it easy, I will have everything crossed for you both.

Good Luck

Pebble x

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pebble it is reassuring to know someone else is at the same hospital :) .Had a really good result at my scan today so feeling quite positive ^reiki^, although still a bit nervous. I will keep my fingers crossed for you for 3 wks time.

Take Care

Katy B :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi Katy & Pebble

I also received my ICIS treatment at James Cook University Hospital and on our 2nd attempt got our BFP and i am currently 28 weeks pregnant.
I just have to say all the staff are fantastic and look after you really well, they truly seem to understand the emotional journey you are going through and try to help and support you as best they can.
I am wishing you both loads of luck and hope your dreams come true like ours have, let me know how you both get on, thinking of you and keeping fingers crossed.
Take Care
Luv Kelsey x

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello Katy

I had my first ICSI at James Cook the staff are lovely. Sadly it was a  ^BFN^ but we did get 8 snowbabies ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^ ^snowflake^ and we go back on the 21st of November to see what happens next and when we can try for our 1st FET.

Take care and good luck you are in good hands at James Cook.

Thinking of you BIG  ^hugme^

Love Liz ^banana^

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Everyone

I am also having treatment at James Cook,  not yet started my cycle of IVF, Dh going in for PESA on 21st so with a bit of luck starting sometime in October,

Good Luck to you all x

Emma x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.