Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon

I have had my ec on 21/05/08 again I had 15 eggs ten of them have fertilised. We are hoping to have a Blastocyst transfer on Monday 26/05/08. the Embryologist rang this am I have 7 embryos that look as if they will make it.

3 X 4 cell, 2 X 5 Cell, 2 X 3 Cell the other remaining 3 have cleaved but are slowly growing.

They have told us to go to the clinic Monday anyway.

I unsure what will happen over the weekend will they make it and what will happen if they don't does this mean that we will lose them or will they freeze them.

Thanks

Penny

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Penny,

We also had 15 eggs with our first ICSI, 11 had fertilised and seven were suitable for use. The cell number as well as the Grade of embies is important. At the time we were also told about them in cell numbers but recently we found out that we had four Grade 1 embies, 2 of which was 8 cell on day 3 and 2 were four cell. Two were replaced, I got a BFP but had a miscarriage. But, my point is we found out that we weren`t able to go ahead with blasts anyway as our clinic wants at least 6 good quality embies in order to go ahead with that. We had also 5 frozen on day 3.

The grade of your ones must be good as you are now on day 2 since EC. Will they call you tomorrow about how they are doing? The cell numbers so far sound good to me. I`m sure they won`t risk ET and are confident with the quality of your embies.

Good luck!

Rosesxxxx

·
Registered
381 Posts
I think that all sounds good and you should try and just relax this w/e and look forward to good stuff on Monday. Let us know how it goes..
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Alice x

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Penny, I agree with Alice. The grades sound great!! It`s all looking good for you, good luck on Monday xxxx

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Good luck for tomorrow Penny xxxx

·
Registered
817 Posts
could you call and get daily updates?  most clinics do that.... sometimes there are decisions to be made like which to choose etc and my clinic always calls and explains their recommendation and all the facts so you feel you are involved in the choice. 

good luck xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts