Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my EC today - had really high hopes because I had 20 follicles.  But from the 20 I only got 6 eggs.  Very disappointed as thought we would get at least 10.  Now waiting til tomorrow to find out how many fertilised.

Some of the follicles were empty (no explanation given), but others weren't mature enough and the consultant who did the procedure said I hadn't been given enough HCG by the consultant in charge of our case.  He said that instead of half a dose I should have had two doses.  How crap and frustrating is that?  I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had the same experience.

This bloody IVF stinks - one day you're euphoric at the prospect of going in for EC.  The next you're in pieces. 
xxxx

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Hi just wanted to say I had quite a lot of follies, there was talk that they might have to freeze eggs etc because they thought i might have too many.

But I only got 5 from what seemed like a lot of follies

I too was dissapointed.  We have recently been for our follow up appt and ws told they only know if there is an egg by draining and its the luck of the draw ?

Good luck for you eggs overnight

Best wishes, remember it only takes one

Wendyxx

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hi Kitty,

I disagree with what the second consultant had said and think his remarks are unfair.  You never mentioned if this was your fist, as your first tx is a bit of a trial and error to see how you respond to the drugs.  You must remember if the dosage is too high you might over stimmulate.  You had 20 follies which is a good sign, however you never mentioned what size they were?  Just because they collected 6 eggs doesn't mean that there weren't any in the others?  I had put this question to my gynae today as I had EC, he explained that the eggs are held on by a stalk inside the follie, as the egg gets larger the stalk gets weaker.  If the stalk is too strong they unable to collect the egg. This means that even though they try to collect the egg from the follie, it may not come out because it is not quite mature enough or there may not even be an egg in there, but there is no way of them knowing if there is an egg if one is not collected from the follie.
I hope this helps.  I always ask 101 question, they must hate me! ;D

I hope all fertilise

Love, Anne X

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.