Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies

Just returned from egg collection. Was expecting to be recieving my first IVF after 3 failed IUI's. However the embryologist said due to DH's sperm motility being slightly lower than they like they were condidering doing split IVF/ICSI or just ICSI. Once his sample had been analysed they confirmed it would be ICSI. At first I was a bit dissapointed but I suppose we have slightly better chance. I htink! :-\ :-\
Anyway they managed to retrieve 12 eggs from 14 follicles so thats good news. Rust glad retrieval is over for now  :) :)       
I'll be waiting anxiously for a phone call tomorrow. Fingers crossed a few will be fertilized.

Nic       

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Nic

well done on you 12 eggs thats really good news! :)

I hope you get really good news on your phone call tomorrow ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^hugme^

Dawn xx

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
As the mummy of an ICSI miracle I can recommend!! and you are right your chances have increased!  12 eggs is great too double the best number I got!

Wishing you all the best for a successful tx xxx

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Try not to worry too much. They;re giving your eggs the best chance of being fertilised rather than leaving some of them to chance.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  and  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^  for a successful cycle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

Thanks for you replies and the words of encouragement.

Had my phonecall today from the embryologist, she said that when they were about to do ICSI they discovered there were 13 eggs not 12 like they thought, 2 were sharing the same sack. They injected 11 and it resulted in 6 embryos, so that was good news  :) I was a nervous wreck, my legs went like jelly when my phone rang. Didn't know it would have such an effect on me!
I was nothing like this when having IUI. So much more of a rollercoster ride!

They are ringing me on Monday to let me know how they are developing and to let me know what time to go in on Wednesday for ET. I am  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ing for good news. Its so hard to be happy beause there's always the next phonecall but I have just got to think positive and so far so good.

Nic

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
wow thats great news hon.  Sending you lots of  ^reiki^

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thats really good news! :)
Good luck for your phone call on Monday ^reiki^

·
Registered
110 Posts
When i had my first IVF we were told on day of EC that our IVF chances were not very good and ICSI would be better, but had heard bad stuff about ICSI at that time so decided to stay with IVF we got 4 fertilised from 14 eggs, pretty sure we would have got more from ICSI.  But given no time to decide we did not really know what to do.  This time we have to have ICSI, will be interesting to see what happens.

Good luck with progress Nikkican, its exciting hearing everyones news and following how they get on. and makes me more hopeful for my own treatment.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Good luck hun! ^hugme^  We were IVF but both times were changed to ICSI. As you can see from my picture it worked!! Will be thinking of you  ^fairydust^

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi!

It so nice to hear all your stories. Gives me confidence that there maybe a chance of my 1st ICSI being successful.

Just an update. Embryologist called today to let me know all of the 6 embryo's are still there! :)
She said they were of good quality yesterday and today so they are happy to go until day 5 for the ET.

Can anyone give me an idea what to expect with the ET. I have got a little bit of an idea but I like to hear real experiences.

Thanks

Nic

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Great progress on the embryos. THey're doing well. Good luck for et.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi

Had my ET on Wednesday, it went well, totally pain free. I was expecting it to be a bit painfull as my IUI inseminations always have been. They transfered 2 good quality embryo's sojust sarting the TWW now! Now the  ^police^ ^police^ will be around!

Nic x

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
That's great news. Sending you lots of  ^reiki^  for the 2ww.

Cath x

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Good luck hun! ^fairydust^

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thats really good news!
Good luck! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

1 - 15 of 15 Posts