Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i have just phoned our hospital to find out were we are on list (we got told back in may we come top of list begin of Oct05)they are now telling us there are no funds left and we should ring them back in April.Ifeel like we have been cheated we self funded ourselves in July sad to say we got bfn do you think this has anything to do with us having to wait even longer. Feel like my whole world is caving in on me had myself sciked up to go again DEC/Jan.                                                                             
                                efc
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^                            good luck to you all

·
Registered
651 Posts
I know exactly what you mean.  I had been to see my GP for funding back in April and finally in mid August someone told me that we "had missed the funding" and would need to retry in April next year.  I was livid so wrote to my local MP, the secretry of Heath and to my local PCT (PALS section).  I have had replies from all of them but all they do is blame each other.  I was fortunate enough to get on the egg share scheme in my area, and fell pg first time, but i was so angry, i was prepared to do anything.  They dont seem to realise they are playing with peoples lives.  I did even think about contacting watchdog or going to the papers, thats how angry i was.  If you need any more help, let me know as i would be willing to help in anyway i can.
Good luck and i hope you get your treatment soon.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi sally w congrats on your pregnancy  ^congrats^.i have read a lot about egg share on ff ,how do you get on the egg share list and do you get TX more quickly.we have both got problems DP low count and i don't ovulate every month but our last try at icsi they did get 10 eggs from me 9 fertilised 2 got put back but the others wernt good enough to freeze would this make any difference if i was to join an egg share.
                                                    efc

·
Registered
651 Posts
I was just told by my clinic.  It would be worth you making a call to ask if it is available.  What area are you in.  We got accepted on the scheme, had loads of tests and had treatment all within about 3 months.  It only cost us for sperm test, 1st consultation fee and HFEA fee (total less than £500.00).
At my clinic you have to have a minimum of 7-8 eggs to share, but if you dont reach that you dont suddenly get a whopping great bill to cover the treatment. 
I would seriously ask.....I was seen at Woking Nuffield so i know they offer it?
Good luck.
Sal
xxx

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi sally thanks for that we are at liverpool womens hospital will phone them and ask. DP not to sure i ran it past him before we will see if our hospital does it and go from there .we might self fund again have to do some sums and pull in the purse strings but here is hoping
                                                                    efc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.