Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone tell me the difference between Puregon and Gonal F?  I'm on my 3rd IVF, the previous 2 were with Puregon, I only made 3 eggs despite being on 300 puregon.  This time diff hospital and they have put me on Gonal F alternating 300 and 450 each day. What is to be gained by alternating the doses??  Thanks for any advice.  New here but making the most of my questions!!  Thanks :-*

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Nicola

I hope you get time to read this response - I hope it is not too late!

I also started off with Puregon, (only 50mg).  I had mixed reactions.  Some cycles I don't make eggs at all with 50mg Puregon, but on my first IVF cycle I made 6 eggs. 

I complained to my doctor about the small number of eggs I produced (at my clinic women were producing 20+ eggs!).  So he bumped me up to Gonal.  Apparently most women respond well with gonal.  And in my case - I hyperstimulated with Gonal at 100mg.  I produced 40+ eggs at various stages of maturity and the cycle was cancelled. 

I think it is pretty hard to predict how your body respond to the FSH drugs (like me) - so that's probably why they are alternating the dosage to test the waters to see which dosage can help you make the right number of eggs at the right size.  I am currently in fresh cycle - Day 7 and again on 50mg Puregon but no reaction.  Very disspointed.  :(

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Drew

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
There is in theory no difference between the two drugs as the composition is the same just different manufacturers. They both have a recombinant FSH, that is synthetic. It just seems to be that some women respond better to one than the other!!!!

Ruth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts