Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I'm on my first cycle of ICSI and have to admit that I'm a little unclear about some of the terms the clinic are using.  ???
I realize that my ovaries have to be stopped before they are stimulated to produce lots of eggs. I'm currently on injections of Suprecor (I'm at a friends and don't have the packet with me so I'm not sure of the spelling) and assume that the function of this is to stop my pituitary producing FSH - is this correct?
I was expecting to start stimming on last Wednesday but this was put back. I thought I had the all clear to start on Monday but now I have had a message from the nurse telling me not to but to carry on with the suprecor for another week because the down regulation had failed (so far).
Is this normal/a regular occurrence? And how does this bode for the future?
If it helps to know all the early tests on me came back showing that I was fine - it was much latter on when someone realized that DH wasn't producing sperm!!   ^sperm^  (Stupid GP couldn't read test results properly  ^furios^ ).
Can anyone explain this all to me?  ^stupid^

LiziBee

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hi Lizi,

you are right the downreg drugs act on the pituatry gland in the brain telling the body to stop producing estrogen and basicly putting the body into temporary menopause.
You may just need an extra week of drugs till your body is ready.Everybody reacts differently to the drugs!

Wishing you all the best
Love Em

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Lizi,

I am currently on downreg for our first IVF cycle and after my first scan was told that the lining of the wombe was too thick and I also had 3 follies growing.

I was told to continue sniffing for another week, and I go for another scan on Wednesday 15 Sept.

I can't offer an explanation, but can sympathise with you and how frustrating it is!!

Emma
x

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey LizziB

Lollyalt here. The same thing happened to me. When I had my baseline scan they said that the womb lning was thinning and it looked fine to start stimming the following Monday, I then got a telephone call later that evening from the clinic saying that it wasn't 'quite satisfactory' and to carry on down regging for another week. consequently, only started stimming yesterday. I think it happens alot.  Have a look back on the ISCI thread and I would imagine you will see similar stories, I think that Andrea is right and the clinic shouldn't give us timings.  Its such a crushing disspointment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts