Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm due to start with the nasal spray to down reg for IVF tomorrow morning but i'm a bit worried as how do I know that i'm not pregnant already?  Tomorrow is day 21 of my cycle and I wasn't told to use precautions in the month leading up to the IVF treatment.  I'm guessing that down regging if I am pregnant (highly unlikely I know but..) would not be a good thing!

It's impossible to make a private phone call where I work otherwise I would call my clinic.

Any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated.
Petlamb

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hello Petlamb - I am not a nurse but I asked this very same question about 2 months ago!!

Apparently the nasal spray (I took Synarel) is not dangerous if you are already pregnant.  You should have a bleed after about 10 days or so (if you have a regular 30 day cycle) it could be more or less than this though.  Your clinic will check with you that you have had a bleed and possibly do a scan before starting you on the stims which I believe can be harmful if you are pregnant.  One of the girls on the message boards actually told me that this happened to a friend of hers and she had a very healthy baby!

Wishing you the best of luck in your tx!
Love Alison x

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Alison, I really appreciate your reply (i'll be having Synarel as well) - has put my mind at rest so all systems go now.  I hope we're as lucky as you were - all the best with your pregnancy!

Tracy xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts