Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Please can you help answer my question....as some of you already know im starting the ivf drugs in may,....I followed the hospitals advice and was told wait 2 weeks for them to write to my g.p to give it chance so he receives the letter, then to go and see him to pick up my prescription so i can get the drugs ordered in in time, cos i have heard they take a while to be ordered???

Today i have been to my g.p he has the hospitals letter, with all the dates, and all what drugs im gonna be needing, however his refused to give me the prescription today and says come back in may, and very rudley told me we are only in march and i do not need the prescription until may, and he will give me a prescription a week before i start the treatment. I left the surgery in tears, as i am now thinking just 1 week is not enough time to allow me to get these ordered from boots chemist in time??
I've tried phoning the hospital, but it was answer phones, so i'm gonna ring back tommorow,....but im pretty sure i was suposed to get these drugs ordered as from now to allow enough time.

Please can you tell me how long your drugs order took|?

Thanks in advance x

·
Registered
500 Posts
hi kelly
dont panic you can order one day and recieve the next!
my advice is ring drs and ask what on letter then 1 week before you go to drs to collect prescription call at pharmacy and give them a list of drugs you need and they will order on their stock order ready for you when you collect prescriptuion
hope this helps
marzy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.