Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am having my 2 embies put back on Friday and was wondering what peoples personal opinions are on the resting stage after transfer??
Should i spend a few days in bed or do you think i should be up and about doing a few bits and pieces
There are lots of things on the www about it but what does everyone on here think??

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi sicknote

as you probably know i've had 2 ivf cycles, on my first cycle i carried on as normal during the 2ww (got a bfn) and on my second i rested up during the 2ww and got a bfn so i truely believe if its meant to be it will happen no matter what you do (within reason) i say do what you feel happiest with then you'll have no regrets and know you tried your best.

good luck tomorrow hun, i'll be thinking of ya

pam xx

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Sicknote,

I've just done my 6th cycle of IVF.  On all of my previous cycles I've rested up for a couple of days after transfer but then carried on as normal (still avoiding lifting, bending, hoovering etc).  This time on 6th go I did total bed rest for 3 days as I had been reading Zita West's book and she reckons that although it won't guarantee a pregnancy, if you lie flat on your back for as long as possible it gives the embies chance to rest and attach on the back wall of the womb which apparently is the best place for them to stick.

I did get a +tive this time but as you'll see from my notes I've had my tubes done which I think was a big help for my situation. 

I have to agree with Pam though, I really think if it's going to work it will and if you know you've given yourself and your embies the best chance then you won't have to feel so guilty if it does turn out for the worse.

Sending you lots of good luck and babydust!!

Andrea xxx

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi hope it went well, i am having my transfer on Thursday... nervous and anxious...fingers and toes crossed.
xNicole

1 - 4 of 4 Posts