Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help.

I'm so worried, I have a tingle at the back of my throat which feels as though I my be coming down with a cold.  I was also a bit stuffed up this morning but it's gone now.

Does this drastically reduce the change of my embryos implanting.  I'm having the et tomorrow.  Is there anything I can do to  help??

Thanks

Becca
x

·
Registered
40 Posts
Reb - im not a nurse and dont know know any answers - i just wanted to reply to you as i had a really sore throat and the start of a cold during my EC and ET - still went ahead with it - i too wasnt sure what to do - however it passed as soon as it came - i think i was a little run down with the stress of all the treatment - wishing you all the best with your ET - if you are unsure ring your clinic to check?

Good luck

Janey 'bobbsie'

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Janey

I think your about being run down.

I cant call the clinic as they are not open on Sundays and did nt want to call the emergency number.

Thanks

Becca
x

·
Registered
40 Posts
Reb - just mention it when you arrive tomorrow - i dont think it will cause them to not do the transfer - i think the only thing is you will not be able to take cold remedys after - i didnt find it a problem as ET was more important to me at the time - you mind will be taken off it after that!!!.  Is this your first time for ET?

Janey

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much Janey

I think I'm being a drama queen, it's just a tingly throat so it's not uncomfortable.  I'll mention it tomorrow.

Thanks for hearing me out, I feel better now  :)

Becca
x

·
Registered
40 Posts
Becca - Good - Just go for it girl -

Have you have ET before? or is this the first time? - Your dignity goes out the door with ET but its so exciting and i didn't feel a thing  in fact i was amazed they had done anything - i have to ask to check hee hee.  They also gave me a picture of my embie which was a nice touch - especially if i get a positive (everything crossed)  I have another week left of the 2WW and i am climbing the walls - this is deffo the worst bit!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck for tomorrow - pop over to the Oct 2WW tomorrow and get to know all the girls there are 25 testing between now and 20th Oct.

Janey XX ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Janey

It's my second go.  The 1st et was a doddle.  Know what you mean about losing your dignity, that went out of the window ages ago, lol.

All being well I'll be joining you tomorrow in the 2ww. 

Good luck and hope you are not panicking as much as me.  Sending loads of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ vibes.

Becca
x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Becca

I am not a nurse but when i had my 2nd cycle which resulted in Joe i had the most horrible cough and fluey type thing during my 2ww. I was convinced i had lost the embies every time i coughed but was fine.
Good luck i agree just mention it to them before you go in.

Love Kim x x

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Kim

Thanks for that.  It really helps and I'm feeling a lot more  ^reiki^  now.

love

Becca
:)
x

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Reb

Wishing you all the best for transfer hun hope you are feeling better today thinking of you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

love always lilly xxx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts