Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Wonder if you can help me again.  I have been to my consultant today for a last appointment really, he has said that he would write to the pct to see if the NHS would fund IVF for us, he has asked that i speak with my doctor and do the same.  He is not sure whether they will as we have only been trying for 2 years but due to the fact i have one blocked tube and approaching 40 in september, he said they may do it.  My bmi is high at 36 and i obviously need to get that to 30, i had got it down to 30 but gave up smoking and gained and now cant seem to loose any.  Anyway, thats something i have to resolve over the next couple of months while letters are being sent.

My concern is that my last few blood tests have not been good.

Last year they were 7 and 9, then 12 the beginning of the year and now 13, ill give approx  later.  I asked the question that I thought it had to be below 10 but Dr Randall has informed me that as long as its below 15 the nhs would do ivf if they end up funding me, he gave me the impression this is not to be worried about.  Yet i have read on this site and been told by a fertility nurse that it shouldnt be above 10. 

Results this time were:-
Oesttradiol 125  pmol/l
LH  6  U/L
FSH 13 U/L

Im gutted and now worried that apart from getting my weight down again and having to do that really quickly im now left with the options of DE or am I jumping the gun.  If anyone could give me some info of what i should expect and what will be the likely outcome, at least I can start to prepare myself.

Thanks again
Debsx

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, im aware I asked the question about the fsh but was also asking what others thought about my situation and if its likely ill have to use Donor Eggs?

The link you gave hasnt taken me anywhere apart from someones profile, unless i have completely lost the plot which is possible.

Thanks again though
Debsx

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Hi hun
I must have been having one of the those days sorry ::)
I've amended my previous post and included the correct link :)
I included the link in case you couldn't find the results to compare this month's b/w with ;)
Am sure someone will be along soon who can hopefully give you the advice you need ;)
Take care
Gayn
X

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
deblaze i too thought that anything over 10 was drastic but at my review last week i was told anything over 8 is raised FSH, anything under 10 is ok to continue with TX + he then went on to say that anything between 11 + 15 is borderline but even then he doesnt see a problem with still doing TX, i think the only real thing it inteferes with is if a women wanted to do egg share

at the moment my FSH levels are around the 9 mark, they have been lower but have also gone upto 12 in the past (although this when i was on clomid) so am now looking at alternative therapies to try + lower my levels

i wish you lotsa luck  ^reiki^

xxx

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your reply Cleg, I was beginnng to think nobody loved me. :'(

Good luck for the future too.

Debsx

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Hi Debs

I think you are jumping the gun hun worrying about Donor Eggs.  I know of people on this site with considerably higher FSH than yours who've gone onto do IVF using their own eggs.  FSH fluctuates so could go down as well as up and is additionally a crude measurement and not in anyway qualitative.  For example, I have a fabarooney FSH level of 6.3 which for my age is fantastic but I'm a really poor responder!

Try to be guided by yoru consultant, they afterall are the experts, I think if he/she's happy to continue with your FSH then that's fine - try not to worry.

^goodluck^

Axxx

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Hi there,

I was given the egg donor speech but conceived on my 2nd clomid cycle after a fsh of 15 the previous cycle to that!!  :eek:  So please don't read too much into it, good luck hun.

Sam  :-* :-*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts