Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there,
DH and I are about to embark on our IVF journey, we have had 7 IUIs over the last 18 months all negative leaving us little choice but IVF.  However my FSH came in at 11 on a test last month and I was told that was too high for IVF.  We are completely shocked that at 29 they are telling me that my eggs may be too poor for conceiving as I also have thin lining issues therefore indicating that oestrogen is low and again a sign of poor eggs :-\. I guess I am just trying to seek some reassurance that there's hope for us having IVF even with a FSH of 11.  Can anyone share any experiences of high FSH and achieving a pregnancy through IVF ?  Or do I have to face up to the fact that it's never going to happen for us.
Thanks for any advice
Jojox 

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hello Jojo,

My FSH is over 14 and am going through IVF (first time, so will see what happens).  I also spoke to someone who has been through years of IVF, at one point had an FSH of over 80 (!!!) and was told she was going through menopause, only to ovulate and get pregnant - so I hope this helps and you are able to question your clinic further about not putting you through ivf.

Good luck,

Heatherxxx

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi there
Im in the same situation with high FSH but reading the previous thread is reassuring. 
Im new to the site.  Was about to start my 3rd cycle of IVF at Hammersmith Hospital last week but FSH was 13 so they have told me to come back next month.
Previous cycles I had levels of 10 and then 7 so seems like it tends to go up and down naturally quite a bit - thats what im hoping anyway as no one has suggested that my ovaries arent working properly (although I do have severe endo and ovaries stuck down with adhesions)
Hope that things go well next month.
fingers crossed
Sarah

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses everyone.  I am reassured I guess about the FSH but I still think I have issues with my eggs as I have thin lining, hot flushes all of these sound like low oestrogen to me, hence poor eggs  :'(  I still want to give IVF one shot just to say we tried I guess and they can see about your egg quality so we'll know one way or another.
Good luck Heather and Sarah with your cycles.
LOL jojox

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.