Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 27 years old and have been trying to get pregnant for 3 years now. I have recently been attending mfs in Aldridge for tests. I was told following my blood test results that the funding for my fertility treatment would come through quite quickly. having waited several weeks for someone to contact me after i had asked on numerous occasions what was happening with the funding, i was then told i would have to wait another 3 years before funding would be available. Is this normal and if so can i change to another clinic or would i have to go private. :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi there I am also 27 and my hubby is 28. We live in Bolton Lancashire and we too have been trying for just over 3yrs. I have been on clomid and it did not work and I also have a blocked tube that they will not unblock. I have been told right from the start that we have been referred to manchester for IVF and there is a 3yr wait no matter what our postcode is. All the best.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi everyone,
Has anyone attended Midland fertility servises in Aldridge and payed private. I am thinking of doing this myself and am unsure of how much it will cost. does anyone have a rough idea.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi I am 40 and went onto the NHS waiting list here in Dorset 3 and half years ago I am now on ICSI and am so glad I had the chance for this. Keep positive the time will pass believe me.
Good luck

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi mandaj,

I had my treatment in Cardiff, but i would hazard a guess that you woulld be looking at roughly £3-3500 for a cycle of IVF or £1500 for IUI.  You should be able to ring the hospital and get a copy of their self funding (private) fees. 

Fitou

·
Registered
1 Posts
mandaj said:
hi everyone,
Has anyone attended Midland fertility servises in Aldridge and payed private. I am thinking of doing this myself and am unsure of how much it will cost. does anyone have a rough idea.
I am starting ivf at mfs in Aldridge at it is costing 2500 for ivf and 3500 for icsi

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hiya,

We are being treated by Manchester aswell, (St.Marys).  We have been told exactly the same, 3 year waiting list and at th emoment our type isnt funded by the nHS.  i did some research on the net and found you can request an extra contractual referral by your GP but it has to go to the director of your health authority.  If you have a good G.P. it might be worth going and talking to him/her and asking about it. As I said, my consultant wasnt forth coming with this info, I had to find it out for myself and then go to my G.P who  fortunatley is great! We are waiting to hear.

I am 33, my partner is 40, he had a failed V.R in January and I am goin out of my mind right now as I am desperate for a family, my D.P has a son from aprevious marriage but we really want to complete our family with a baby together.  We need ICSI and IVF, and I am just keeping my fingers crossed right now! nioce to find someone else who is havign treatmnet /in waiting in manchester xx lots of luck and hugs
Lou

·
Registered
300 Posts
Lopunea you are right and i found this info out myself too. I am doing a private egg-share cycle as on the waiting list for st marys too which is 3yrs. So as a back up plan(hoping we wont need it), i wrote to the pct and asked if we could have ivf at Jimmys in Leeds, they have said yes!!! Our PCT is Bury and they have a contractual agreement with St James too, so i have spoken to consultant sec and he is going to refer us there. The waiting list is 10m-1yr!!! You go on the list from receipt of refferal ,their success rate also appears higher. xxx clare

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.