Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

We have just started at our new clinc and have been told we can decide which stim to take. We have the choice of Gonal F or Menopur - does anyone have any views on either drugs and which one is better? :-\ ???

Also, after 2 failed ICSI's which i used cyclogest on the 2ww, I bled 3 days before the test date. I asked about using Gestone injections and the cons said i could if i wanted - does anyone know much about gestone injections and whether they are more successful? Im totally clueless to the above and we are so desperate for this cycle to work so will try anything. ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Thanks so much for having the time to read through my post x

Lol
Domino x

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Hi Domino
i recognise you from the CRM site - im there too!

I had 2 lots of menopaur and did not respond at all - spoke to the nurses and doc there and asked about Gonal F (which is also the same as puregon) and was told adamantly theres no difference whatsoever.

However i have got lots of info from here to suggest that some that dont respond to menopaur do respond to gonal f/puregon but CRM were adamant about there being no difference.  Give your nurse a call and see what they say and good luck!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
:)hi girls i used to use gonal f and responde very well but as they have changed the way it is administered now and they were having problems getting it they were going to put me on puregon again as it hasnt got a self injector they have put me onto menopur which has got a self injector so from all that i assumed it didnt really matter as they all do the same thing so im dont think there is any difference in the drug it maybe how our bodies respond to them and dosage maybe?hope this helps a little.goodluck to you all.lol

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi my cons said all were same and each clinic used which ever they got at the best price. At least he was honest!! I am about to start Menopur with my next cycle. Didnt respong to Clomid so fingers crossed!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.