Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.I am going to start my 1st attempt at ivf in a couple of weeks and i was wondering how long i need to wait to have a 2nd attempt if the 1st attempt fails?Can you try again the nxt mnth or do you have to wait so long so that your body recovers?Any advice please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi there
It probably depends on your consultant + how you respond to the drugs, etc. Most of them seem to like leaving at least one full cycle between treatments, although my consultant said that he gets lots of people from middle east who come over and do 3 or 4 cycles back-to-back. He said that he could see no detrimental impact from doing it this way, but did feel that mentally it's good to have a break because it is pretty stressful/draining.  Maybe some Drs like to make sure that all the drugs are out of your body before you start again but my Dr didn't seem to think this was an issue.

Anyway, hope you don't have to worry about a second cycle!!  ^reiki^

xxx

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Stacy
I think it varies by clinic.
Some allow you to start straight away.
My clinic asked me to wait for 3 natural cycles to get all the drugs out of my system.

Hopefully it will not come to that though.

Good luck for your first IVF!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi.Thanks for your help! I think my clinic will want me to wait to have 3 cycles in between but will have to see if they let me wait less.I just want to get on with it now and the thought of having to wait 3mnths between each cycle would drive me mad!!!!!!! I will just have to keep my fingers crossed and be patient!

·
Registered
76 Posts
My consultant said it was a good idea to leave one cycle between and he thinks mainly for psycologycal reasons - I think he means to build your strength back up. It is quite an emotional roller coaster ride but  good luck for your first try and you will need patience - the weeks drag a bit...

Fingers crossed for you.
Mairi x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.