Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
38 years old, had to wait 3 years for IVF (Bart's) which turned into ICSI at last minute due to partner's low sperm. Previous history 3 miscarriages with another partner.  8 eggs collected, 6 suitable, only 2 fertilized, healthy already spilt into 3 cells when implanted, all going really well until last Monday when started bleeding at 9 weeks, mis on Tuesday morning, scan Tuesday lunchtime confirmed both gone.  Upset & distressed at why not more advice - particularly given history. I have since discovered from websites etc that Zinc & Selenium & poss Aspirin (but need bloodtest first to check) may have helped.  We find this incredible as the amount of blood tests etc we have already been through more than once due to admin error and only finally getting treatment after chasing through my Dr, & the lack of actually reading patient notes - once sat 2 hours for scan as reception had not crossed me off list, once had to start 'sniffing' again as wrongly advised as to how many times a day to sniff as on different drug to sheet given to all at mass lecture for parents in waiting and no one to advise individuals, and when I went for appointment they insisted I was there for a scan until I stopped them and had to explain all, when I started bleeding I rang fertility unit, eventually got through as constantly engaged and told that a nurse would call me back - waited 90 minutes (whilst at work in London) for call from nurse who knew nothing of my case or even that I was experiencing a suspected miscarriage so had to explain all yet again which is no mean feat in an office where no one knew that I was even pregnant.  Luckily boss went out so I went home to 'rest'.
Due to where we live we only have 1 try on NHS so now face expense & the heartache that we are going through could have been avoided if advised correctly...  Now considering future - Bart's is easiest as not far from work but really was not impressed from the start to the point that I nearly dropped the whole thing several times - only the length of time we have had to wait and the desperation for family that made me 'stick it', so if anyone knows of another ISCI Clinic in or near London where we could go private for treatment, please please let me know.  Don't get me wrong most of the staff at Bart's Fertility are fantastic but I do think that they need to examine the working practice and have different phone lines for different stages of patient treatment as it is really difficult to get through.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Polly

Just had to write to offer you a huge  ^hugme^ for what you have been through sugar.  You have been treated apallingly! 

I can't offer you any advice on London clinics but everyone seems to rave about the ARGC although I think it is very expensive.

I hope you find the right place and that you get the result you thoroughly deserve soon

Love & Hugs
Bear
xx

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
I am sorry you have had to go through this at Barts.
I know people, who have had success from Barts (our god daughter is a Barts baby) :) :),

We have treatment at The Bridge in London, they have been brilliant with us, but I am sure some people may say different if they have had a bad experience.

I hope you find somewhere that you feel comfortable with, and all the best for the future

Take care
Jo
x x x

·
Registered
300 Posts
I am suprised the drs havent investigated you for recurrent miscarriages. Usually they do tests after 3, forgive me if they have already. I would ask about this, i know st marys have a recurrent mc clinic. Sometimes your blood can be too sticky and this can be resolved with heparin and aspirin. I would ask about this hun especially before you try ivf/icsi again.

I had these tests done after 2 mcs but only becuse i pushed for them. They can test for antiphospholipid syndrome, lupus anticoag and chromosome tests. There is also a good book about recurrent mcs, by prof Regan who runs the recurrent mc clinic at st marys in london... Miscarriage what every woman needs to know. I have a copy you can have, if you im me your address i will send it to you. xxx clare

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.