Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya girls

COuldnt really think of a better way to ask the question!!

Have any of u gone on to do ivf/icsi after pg loss

Particularly be good to hear from anyone who lost a bubs after nat conception and now going down assisted conception

How did it make u feel

We are due to start ICSI dec/jan

I am having mixed emotions and feelings and not really sure how to address them

Anyone else been thru this

thanks
Emilyxx

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Emily I have not gone down that route (yet) but myself and DH have started broaching the subject and its the first real time we both have talked about it together properly which is quite scary!

I know you wanted someone who has already been down that route but thought I'd mention this just cause don't want you here alone.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
HI there,
I think I am someone who may be able to help.
We tried to conceive for 2 yrs before discovering my tubes were the problem. Surgery in Feb to help but advised if not pg in 6/12 then IVF was only hope. My age was also not ideal! We did IVF in Aug/Sep but after a rollercoaster time it was a BFN. I was waiting to go again in Nov- we are self funding- but AF did not arrive....I bled after the failed IVF and then no AF after a long cycle with delayed ovulation.
I tested + last tue but had to have surgery as it was ovarian ectopic on thu.
I am hoping to find my reserves of coping again....so we can do another IVF in Jan 06. I will try to help if I can with any questions but am a little ditzy and hormonal at present :-[- I hope you understand- but I am more than happy to help...I hope that by talkingit thru it will help me too....a buy one get one free type approach ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hiya. We lost our baby by natural conception which really sadly was ectopic. After years of failing miserably, and finally being told that we won't be able to conceive naturally because I have duff tubes. We are now having IVF. We had our first cycle in August, which was positive, but ended in another ectopic. We are just waiting for AF so we can start our second cycle.

I must admit that I was really apprehensive before IVF, I had mixed emotions including feeling like a failure as a woman because I needed some bloke in a lab to help me do something which everyone else I knew had no problems with. Also, it's the not knowing, to be honest I was petrified that I'd get an injection wrong, or forget to do something.

But then, when we started I felt really comforted that these people were going to help us get what we've waited 10 years for. We made it a "team" effort, my DH did the injections everyday and it just made everything easier with him being a part of it too. I actually started to look forward to the scans to see how big the follicles were and stuff. By the time it came to the transfer, it was a really exciting time.

We went into it being positive about what we were doing in terms of taking this huge step in getting treatment, but realistic that the outcome could go either way and we would have to deal with it. The best advice I can give, is to stay strong, realistic and hopeful. Keep smiling, stay close to your partner/DH, talk things through before you start. We had long chats about how we might deal with it together if it went wrong, it was important for me to know that he wouldn't feel any blame toward me (not that he would, but you know what its like as a woman!).

I wish you the very best of luck
x

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiya

Nikki thanks for ur reply ur a top lady ^hugme^

Little nell thanks for ur message also ^hugme^

and also Nickipix

the feelings that i have are a mixture between guilt, sorrow and also dread and generally scared

I hope for a bfp but then i think if it works and i get bfp i will spend all my days thinking it could all be taken any time

then on the other hand if i end up with bfn scared how i will deal with it as that will be end of the road

do u think these feelings are normal??

maybe we could set up a chat or something in a few weeks time a bit like nikkis chat sessions??

thanks again girls
Emilyxx

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Hey there,
the best description i heard for ivf and the process is a rollercoaster...and after my first one...I agree!
No one can prepare you for it fully but it is helpful to do a little research about it and chat everything thru with DH and the RE. It is hard on your body and the hormones also make it hard on your mind and emotions too...this is NORMAL...what you are feeling now is NORMAL. IVF is a big deal, and many folk do not fully realise just what an enormous journey it is for our bodies and minds.
I was told about a CD to help thru the journey and intend to use it for my next IVF....it helps you to visualise each stage and support it when you feel you want to DO something. I wanted to do everything in my power to give it the best chance. Try not to analyse everything and accept that your body will do what it can and that may be different for every woman.
We had already talked about how many tries we would look at, and if anyone wanted to stop before then we would...and carry on with what we had to start with...each other.

·
Registered
67 Posts
what you are feeling is absolutely normal and I found the hardest step to take was the initial consultation funnily enough. Once we'd had that and we had all the facts, I did a bit of research on the web. For me, it was important to know everything that could happen good and bad, so I could be fully prepared (well as much as possible).

For the first time in my life I actually wanted my period to arrive so we could get on with it!

Once you've started the treatment you'll probably relax more. We found it important to take each day as it comes, we didn't look forward and think about what was happening the next week, we literally just got through each day as it happened and it was much easier. The hardest part was the 2WW!

I think it would be great to set up a chat, I'd love to know how you and the others are getting on. Hopefully by then my AF will have arrived (think stress from my ectopic is stopping it!).

Take care and keep smiling
x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.