Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hiya. We lost our baby by natural conception which really sadly was ectopic. After years of failing miserably, and finally being told that we won't be able to conceive naturally because I have duff tubes. We are now having IVF. We had our first cycle in August, which was positive, but ended in another ectopic. We are just waiting for AF so we can start our second cycle.

I must admit that I was really apprehensive before IVF, I had mixed emotions including feeling like a failure as a woman because I needed some bloke in a lab to help me do something which everyone else I knew had no problems with. Also, it's the not knowing, to be honest I was petrified that I'd get an injection wrong, or forget to do something.

But then, when we started I felt really comforted that these people were going to help us get what we've waited 10 years for. We made it a "team" effort, my DH did the injections everyday and it just made everything easier with him being a part of it too. I actually started to look forward to the scans to see how big the follicles were and stuff. By the time it came to the transfer, it was a really exciting time.

We went into it being positive about what we were doing in terms of taking this huge step in getting treatment, but realistic that the outcome could go either way and we would have to deal with it. The best advice I can give, is to stay strong, realistic and hopeful. Keep smiling, stay close to your partner/DH, talk things through before you start. We had long chats about how we might deal with it together if it went wrong, it was important for me to know that he wouldn't feel any blame toward me (not that he would, but you know what its like as a woman!).

I wish you the very best of luck
x

·
Registered
67 Posts
what you are feeling is absolutely normal and I found the hardest step to take was the initial consultation funnily enough. Once we'd had that and we had all the facts, I did a bit of research on the web. For me, it was important to know everything that could happen good and bad, so I could be fully prepared (well as much as possible).

For the first time in my life I actually wanted my period to arrive so we could get on with it!

Once you've started the treatment you'll probably relax more. We found it important to take each day as it comes, we didn't look forward and think about what was happening the next week, we literally just got through each day as it happened and it was much easier. The hardest part was the 2WW!

I think it would be great to set up a chat, I'd love to know how you and the others are getting on. Hopefully by then my AF will have arrived (think stress from my ectopic is stopping it!).

Take care and keep smiling
x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.