Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
I read an article the other day about a study in Finland?? which stated that taking a low amount of asprin - 100mg?? a day during stimulation can practically double chances of a positive pregnancy result. Apparently it was a small study BUT...... Does anyone have any further info on this?
I'm on day 5 of my down regs - cycle 2 and am thinking about mentioning this to the hospital when i next go.
First day on site today - It's good to read other peoples journeys.
Cheers
Dakin

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Hiya

always worth mentioning to your clinic - in general clinics advocate asprin where there has been miscarriages in past

however do check with clinic first as it can be a potentially potent drug if taken in correctly

good luck

Mini xx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Mini,
Im with the Priory, and from day one was told to take low dose asprin 75mg. I just found out that Im BFP and Ive been told to keep taking it until my first scan in a fortnights time. So there must be something in it!

Good luck with your treatment. :)
Mel

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Very interesting.  Might ask at the womens when i go.  If they say No i might be a bit scared though :(

wendyxx :)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hi

Mr Taranissi at the ARGC puts ladies on 75mg of asprin after transfer and if you have had a bfn in the past he puts you on it before that. Most of us ladies are also on Heparin, does the same thing but is in injection form. Looking at the results I think it does the trick  :)

GMxx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear GM, Wendy, Mel and Mini,
Thanks for the replies. Was thinking of just taking a quarter of a tablet every day as I heard that was generally quite healthy. However, think I'll ask at the hospital the next time I go.
Congratulations Mel!
Dakin

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Dakin
I'd check with your clinic first, but if you do decide to take aspirin ask at the chemist for the 'children's' tablets. Or, the pills for people with high blood pressure. It really is a low dose - lower I think than the quarter of a pill you were planning to take (though I might be wrong!)
Lynn

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Lynn,
Have definitely decided to chat to doc 1st before taking asprin. I managed to get pregnant last time (even though it wasn't for long!) so I'd hate to mess around - just in case.
Did you say you started down reg on 24th? So did I! Headaches and tiredness are beginning to kick in now but I'm trying my best to ignore them! I will not give in!!
On hols at mo so made my hubbie cycle to a lovely little pub for lunch. Exhausted now! Bath and a good read - how sad!
Hope you are feeling ok.
Dakin

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi

Auntie Dakin - Niece Smith here!  Sorry couldn't get on the board yesterday cos of work you know what its like!

Well I am feeling fine after my injection no sign of the headaches mentioned.  Your stim drugs -are these needle or nasal.

Can't believe our transfer dates are so close together.

Niece

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi niece!!!

Next time join me on the 'Anyone at Liverpool Women's? thread as I tend to chat there with a few girls, one who is really nice and cycling with us!!! (Wendy)

My stim drugs are Needle - menopur, and I start them on Sat 18th! EC 29th or 30th and ET 1st or 2nd!!! Oh my God!

Really am not feeling very positive about this cycle as we were so lucky 1st time. Have a feeling that it's going to be 3rd or 4th BUT I'm kinda ok with that -honest! We never expected any fab miracles the first couple of times as we are old buggers!!

Well you take care

Love to all family and catch me on other thread - I'll leave a message for you!!

See ya niece

Dakin xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.