Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

How close to the due date did your IVF bubbas come?

• My baby was born within 2 days either way of due date

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • My baby was early by 1 week

• My baby was early by 2 weeks

• My baby was overdue by 1 week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My baby was overdue by 2 weeks

Votes: 2 40.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My question has come about because of my mum!!!  She was telling me about a friend of her's daughter who was overdue by two weeks and then the baby's head was too large to engage..... so emergency c-section.  Mum then said "well that won't happen to you as you're IVF so your due date is accurate....."

This makes sense to me as of course with a natural pg, you can never be that sure of the date, it has to go by LMP dates, and with IVF you know exactly when the embie was replaced, although not of course when it implanted, but I don't know if it makes any difference or not and would just be interested to see on the IVF/ICSI bubbas here how close to the 40 weeks they were!!

Lots of love, Jen xxxx  ;D

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Jen

I didn't have IVF/ICSI but I suppose IUI still applies as I can be exact with the dates as to when I would've conceived. 

Jack was 5 days late and weighed 8lb 1oz.  He was born via ventouse delivery.

Ben was born on his due date and weighted 9lb 9oz. He was a natrual, unassisted delivery. 

I know I don't exactly meet the criteria of this vote, but hope this info helps a bit in your survey  :)

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hi Jen

I thought this too...exact dates of conception etc etc so bubs must be on time ??....but NO.... 10 days late Millie was...Could this be because hospitals all work on an exact 28 day cycle for working out all due dates and dont take into account anything other then a 28day one....??? I have no idea !

Amanda x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
With Joe Barts hospital gave me 1st January for my EDD But Southend Hospital, my local, gave me the 2nd. Joe actually came on the 4th after a c section he was only 7lb but couldnt get out. funny shaped uterus or something. My waters broke on the 2nd.

Love Kimx  x

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hello,
ive got a consultant date with Barts on the 20th oct, an analysis day before starting IVF....just had my blood test to take with me...waiting now for oct, seems so far away! It was lovely to read your success through Barts, im so nervous about putting it all into their hands and your message gave me hope. thanks.
lots of luck and positive vibes for your next try....all the very best. x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.