Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am feeling very positive and ensuring myself that it will work first time.

I am back on the 2nd Nov which I assume is when we are going to get drugs etc etc.

From taking that as my start date how long am I looking at to get my BFP? 1 month, 2 months???

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Hi

as a guide you are looking at getting your period as Day 1, starting tablets on day 19, start sniffinf to down-regulate on day 21, stop tablets after one week and then get period anywhere upto a week later, then Day 1 again, then normaly, subject to downregulation and blood tests start injecting between days 2 and 5, then normally eggs are ready for collection about 10 - 15 days after first injections start.  All in all from from you start tablets its about a 6 week cycle give or take a few week.

Good luck

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hi there

I will just give you my experience.  I went to collect my 'drugs' a week or so before my period was due, I had to start injecting the 'down regulating phase' on day 1 of my period, they get you to do this for 21 days, (for me unfortately I had to do this for 5 weeks in total as my womb lining was too thick after 21 days and I had to have a 'bleed' before I could move on to the next stage.

I then starte the stimmulating drugs which I took in total for about 12 days in all then you have a jab to initiate ovulation and then have the egg collection 36hrs after that and egg transfer usually 2 days later.  You then have a 2 week wait to see if it has worked.  I was therefore about 9-10 weeks in total from day one of my period.

I think this is the most common protocal but it depends on your test results etc as to how they treat you.

Best of luck with your treatment

Cherylx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.