Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered if any one has had ivf in greece at all?

I have found a website for a clinic in Chania in Crete and the success rate is a lot higher than over here, and it works out a lot cheaper, they also provide accomodation for you.

Would like to know if any has any expereince of treatment abroad

Thanks Lisa

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Dear Lisa,
This may not be much help, but I have enquired by email today to this clinic in Crete and the replies have been prompt and friendly with reasonable English. 
I see you wrote your message a while ago.  Have you / got any more info / made any decisions since then ?
Take care,
Bluebell

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bluebell,

I also had a very prompt reply from them.  They are a lot cheaper than over here and there success rates are really good, but I feel really nervous about going abroad for icsi.  I am having nat fet in Jan at bacc, if it doesn,t work I will look into crete a bit more as my mother in law are having a house built in crete quite near the fertility center, so when they go over they might be able to find a bit more info for me.

Lisa

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
hi everybody!!

I am from Greece and I live in Athens.. I don't know to tell u about Crete but in Athens there r plenty of clinics and state hospitals that deal with IVF..
"Atticon" hospital was my choice which is a new hospital and the ivf department works 1 year now..
I did my first ivf there and the doctors, the embryologist everybody was great and very polite!!
I didn't pay nothing cause my insurance covered all the expenses.
Feel free to ask me anything about Greece..
Good luck to everybody..
3 days left for me.. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Am new at the message board. Am looking to have donored eggs at "Chania" in Crete. Have anyone heard anything about it? It does work out cheaper. They are friendly and answer questions quite fast. Also, they have a good success rate. However, bloodtests and some medication needs to be taken care of in UK. Do not know yet whether we will get it via NHS. If we can not get it there I have no idea of what that will cost.
/Sus

1 - 5 of 5 Posts