Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm presently living in Hong Kong and have undergone my first IVF here.  Still got some frozen embies left - max 3 more tries.

We are being relocated to Scotland in November and I was wondering how would I find out which hospitals have the best lab results?

We will be living somewhere between Glasgow and Edinburgh and I would be going private.  If anyone can offer some advice on this, I would be most grateful.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,

I was a patient at Ninewells.  The ACU team were very friendly and helpful and the Nurses were lovely.

:) We were successful too.

Good luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much woppa and gihickman for getting back to me.  I've decided to do a little poll in the voting room.  As there are only 6 places in Scotland to go for IVF and 2 of these are non paying, which leaves me with 4.  I'm really curious about peoples experiences at these hospitals.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi there, I live just outside Glasgow and I'm currently having my first cycle of paid for treatment at The Glasgow Nuffield Hospital.  They have been really fantastic there and so far the treatment has been great, I think their success rates are about the same as anywhwere else.  As far as I know, it's 25%.  I would definitely recommend them.

We are on the waiting list for NHS IVF with the Glasgow Royal aswell which I have been for a few appointments while we've been waiting and everyone has been lovely there too so I'm sure either one of these would
be good for you.
Best of Luck finding somewhere suitable.
Brig

·
Registered
200 Posts
Did you ever do your poll? as I am just about to embark on this and do not know where to go

1 - 5 of 5 Posts