Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls,

I am currently doing DIUI after loosing 6 stone over the last couple of years, I am still however overweight.

If I need IVF would they still give it me if I am overweight?

To get to my ideal BMI I'd need to loose another couple of stone which is easier said than done when you've come this far.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jules.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Jules

Well done in losing all the weight that you already have - that is some achievement.
And good luck with your diui - hope you never have to move on to IVF.

As for the weight issue and ivf I think all clinics are different.  I am currently waiting for af to arrive so as I can get started on  my first ivf and I think my clinic requires your bmi to be under 30, not 100% sure tho!

I pile on nearly two stone whilest doing iui and dieted to get it off before I started ivf.  Did not bad and was 3.5 lbs away from reaching the two stone mark but then my precious grandfather died after a long illness and I have piled over half a stone of that back on!

Am trying to get back on track now with the diet and lose some more before I get started.

Good luck with any future weight loss but I sincerely hope you get a bfp with this round of iui!

Take care

Love

Karen xxx

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I needed a BMI of 30, went on the Slimming World diet and lost 18lbs (so far) now have a BMI of 28.5 and they said this was okay for me. I guess it depends how close to 30 you are and if you are generally healthy otherwise.

I must say well done on six stone though, that is incredible!  :eek:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Karen,

Thanks for your reply.

Why so many IUI, the hopsital I am with suggest 5 attempts of which I will soon be on my fourth.

Do you think they say suggest a medicated IUI before IVF?

Is IVF the next step of medicated IUI any suggestions or past experiences from anybody would be helpful.

Thanks for all your support.

Jules.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Hi Jules

You read so much information on this site that its hard to know whats right or wrong.

From reading books etc i believe they suggest 3 cycles of medicated IUI (clomid), then 3 with injections and then move onto IVF.  However i am now on 2ww of 5th DIUI and doctor has just written to me suggesting another 3 before we move onto injecting.  She wrote that she is considering using down regulation with the spray and then inducing ovulation with injections.  I am wondering if this is a sim procedure to IVF as have never heard/read of other beings down-regged to have IUI before??

Anyway i have made an appt to see her if this cycle is a neg a week after my period is due as i dont want to waste another 3 months of my sanity and money if theres a blocked tube etc so am pushing for an HSG to be done.

Thats my history so i hope you get that BFP this time around or at least some sensible answers.  Good luck hon!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats great Ginny Good Luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.