Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I will be starting my first ever cycle of IVF in November, I will start the process here and fly over to Cyprus for the 2nd week
My question is, in your opinion what is the best time to inject the prescribed medication, morning or evening?
I have no idea if I will be able to do it myself or need my DH to do it for me, your experienced and advice are much appreciated
Also is there any evidence the flying has any effect?

Good luck and positive vibes for your journey 

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
6,006 Posts
The clinic will advise; usually evening for stimulation as it gives them time to scan you in the morning and record the results so they can alter it for the evening dose.

there isn’t any evidence about flying being negative: in fact plenty of clinics abroad boast great results :) xxx

·
Registered
311 Posts
Lots of clinics suggest evenings as has been mentioned already. But please question the clinic if the timing they suggest doesn’t sound helpful to you. I was told it categorically it had to be between 7Pm and 9pm, but a second nurse had quite different ideas and was very willing for me to fit in with work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for replying bobo66, cloudy and sweetingwood, your advice is so appreciated, makes perfect sense.
I feel completely out of my comforts zone with this and still have over a month before stimms. So many questions, fears and excitement 😳

1 - 5 of 5 Posts