Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im starting ICSI in a little while and Im beyond scared of injections - I just about manage with my bloodtest - its looking at needles and everything to do with them. My dad had cancer for along time with his chemo/ drips/needles  and needles haunt me ever since - i know this sounds extreme- rather  :-[ but its a big fear of mine...

Ive been reading a book that mentions Auto-Injector and Fertility Pen/ Is their a big difference between the two - in terms of preparation and pain?

Really appreciate your feedback - thanks

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi Deb,

I had my first ICSI in April and ive never liked needles either and i can never watch blood being taken from me and my DH passes out when he has his done.  So i was quite worried about doing the injections and on the day i was going to Barts to learn how to do them with DH, he didnt feel well because he had worked himself up abt it and i went to the hospital on my own and had to do it myself with an Auto-injector.  It was just like putting a large pen onto your leg, when you press the button it was like a loud click but i never felt anything.  And even DH did them for me after i had showed him how to do them. 

Hope my experience helps put your mind at ease  :-*

Let me know how you get on, when do you start ICSI and where.  IM me if you like.

Susan xx

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Hiya

have you ever tried acupunture or hypontherapy to overcome your fear ?

Love Mini xx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Deb

I also had a huge fear of needles nevermind injecting myself. When I was about to start my treatment cycle I was really nervous about having to do the injections but I was given the autoinjector/pen and found it really good. It did take a few times to get used to it but in the end I got over my fear and managed to do the injections. Its really not a nice thing to have to do when you have such a fear but honestly you will get there.
In terms of pains and preparation, it only takes a few minutes to load the needle into the pen, put it on your leg, stomach etc and press the button, the quicker I done it the better I always found.

Good Luck with your tx.

And let us know how you get on.

^fairydust^

Michelle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts