Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
  I dint know if you can help me but i will be doing ivf soon and I'm really scared of injections. iv been told that you can take drugs by sniffing them is this true dose it cost more and dose this mean that i don't have to take any injections at all?
Hope you can help.

Tj x x  ;D

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Hi tj.  I'm sniffing at the moment, but at some stage you do need to inject i think.  I think after my period starts and i start the stimulation drugs they are the injectibles.  this is my first time.  but i injected when i did my iui and it was a breeze.  i hate needles too but its much better when you are doing it yourself coz yr in control.  i've heard that a pack of frozen peas applied to the injection site does wonders!  you'll be fine!!

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi tjb

The sniffing is to down regulate. Then you start injections to stimulate your ovaries. I am the biggest coward and cant even look at one on the tele. But i was given an injector pen and it was a piece of cake. I have had 3 cycles now and injected myself with the pen every time. My mum couldn't believe it when she saw me doing it, but if you want something bad enough its surprising what you can do.
Good luck

Love Kim x x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts