Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - Am hoping someone can advise me on this. I am starting injections of Menopur tonight and have been instructed to inject 3 ampoules (=3ml). Can I use a 5ml syringe (only filling it to 3ml) with a sub-cutaneous needle? The s-c needles I got come with a 1ml syringe, but if I use that, I'll have to stick myself 3 times instead of 1!

Thanks, kirbeck

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Hi Kirbeck
I am not a nurse but I too have menopur, and I use 5 ampoules.
I have always been told to disolve them all in one liquid, so I only ever do one injection.
So just disolve the first one then draw it up and put it in the next amp and so on.

Good luck
Wishing you all the best for your tx

Take care
Jo
x x x

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jo - So just to make sure I understand - You use the clear liquid from 1 glass ampoule and dissolve 3 - 5 powders? So you end up with only 1ml of liquid to inject?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Definately the right thing to do as all centres I know will say to use 1 liquid with up to 5 powders as advised.

Ruth

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for your responses - I am so relieved not to have to do 3 separate shots!

kirbeck

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi thre Kirbeck

Just wanted to wish you the very best of luck with your stabbing. The advide you've had here is great so I won't repeat it.

You'll get the hang of it really quickly.

Good Luck for a much longed for positive for you

Ginger xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts