Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

I am egg sharing, and on day 2 of stims.
I go back on monday for my first u/s. I am on 3 amps menopur to 1 water for 2 days (so last day was today) and from now on, I'll be on 2 amps menopur to 1 water.
I keep reading people are on much higher levels, and I'm worried that i won't produce enough follies and eggs to share.
Just wondering what other people have been on - she said she would start me off on 2 amps, as I am quite thin.
My FSH is 3.2 if that makes any difference!

Marie xx

·
Registered
110 Posts
hi marielou,
im no expert but my first attempt ivf i was on 3 amps menopur then down to 2 i stayed on it a few days extra but produced enough eggs. so dont worry the drs know what they r doing.
all the best with your treatment
petra ;)

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hiya Marie

I was on 3amps a day Menopur with a FSH of 12.5....so I think your gonna be fine....I was thin then too :( ;) !!!

Good luck xxx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hey Marielou, bet you can't believe you're stimming at all, it's been so long getting there! ^thumbsup^
I'm slowly getting back on form - see post on babydusters. ^Cuddle^
Anyway I was told by the ACU they can give you anything up to 7 amps, so on 3 you're just about half way up the doses. I had 4 and hyperstimulated, so I'd say you've got plenty of hormones coming your way...

love hugs and hoping
Clairex

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hi Marie

In both my cycles I stimmed for 12 days on 2 amps of menopur and in fact on my 2nd cycle I was stopped on day 11 to prevent things overdeveloping. I had 15 and 17 eggs respectively. I would just like to add I am not what I call a thin person.

Your dosage sounds fine to me.

Clare

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Marielou

I have egg shared too, and it is something else to worry about, so I understand your anxiety, but you wouldn't be allowed to do it if your doctor wasn't confident you would respond well. We read up on egg sharing beforehand and checked that it didn't impact on our own chance of a BFN, and it doesn't, it's just less likely that you'll also have frosties.

FSH of 3.2 is excellent, according to Zita West (pioneering midwife) this relates to an expected 'excellent result, very assuring level'.

I also had 2 ampules of menopur to one of water and had around 16 eggs.

Good luck, hope your dreams come true.

Rosy

·
Registered
913 Posts
MarieLou

I was on 2 ampules per water for the whole of stimms and produced 11 eggs. I am very slim but that was not mentioned at all as a reason for that level of medication. I did have an extra week on stimms as my follies were a bit slow but to be honest I preferred that to overstimulation!

Good luck

Love
LindaJane
:)

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all so much for helping me - I have been fine and positive all through D/R and I think everything has hit me this week, so i needed something to stress about!

You've all made me feel so much better and positive - thank you :-*

Rosy - thanks for the info about zita west - I have been thinking about getting that book as I keep hearing good things about it....I like it even more now!

Marie xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts