Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - hope you might be able to get the time to answer a quick question for me. 

I'm just on my 4th IVF treatment (2 x treatments in 04 - BFN, 1 x treatment May 05 - polyp removed so FET in June - BFN July). 

I've been to the hospital this morning for my first scan and have been prescribed Merional instead of Gonal F this time.  I'm taking 300iu per day and am being scanned next week.  Last time I took 225/300 iu Gonal F.  My consultant says Merional can improve your lining and he wants to try something "different" to maybe increase the number of eggs I get - normally between 12 and 13.  My FSH is 5.4 and my oestrodil(??) is 81.........

Anything you can tell me about Merional please as there doesn't seem to be anything online.  Thanks. 

·
Registered
678 Posts
I found this for you - hope it can help a little

Hormone injections

Hormone injections contain hormones that are very similar to the hormones that your body makes normally.

You have your first injection when your monthly cycle starts. Then you have injections every day for up to 12 days. You or your partner will be taught how to give the injections. They are easy to do and are usually in your thigh.

These are the types of hormone injections (and their brand names) you can have:
follitropin alfa (Gonal-F)
follitropin beta (Puregon)
menotropins (Menogon, Menopur, Merional).

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rachel.  Wishing you lots of success in your treatment too. 

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.