Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are just about to move onto IVF after 3 cycles of IUI and I just wanted to get some opinions please.

I have never had or been offered a Laperoscopy,  should I have one before we start on IVF? 

I have regular periods, all be it a short LP and early spotting,  but never had painful periods, nothing nasty spotted on the scans I had for IUI.  Do you think its worth having one first?

Thanks

Katie

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Hi

My local gynae consultant feels that HyCoSy tests are good enough for checking tubes, ovaries and uterus and did not want to do a lap even though I have endo symptoms and cysts. He said the best thing to sort out my probs is to get pg so to progress with IVF and hope that it works!

Did you have a HyCoSy before starting IUI?? A lap is probably quite invasive if nothing concerning has ever been spotted.

Will be interested to see what other say

Good luck

Nicky x

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi girls,

This is my first ever posting on the website, so it's an exciting moment for me!!
I had an appointment with the consultant at my ACU today, and have decided to move onto IVF, also after 3 failed IUI's.
I too, have never had a lap - I was convinced our consultant would tell me that should be our next step, but he recommended going straight to IVF.
I've had all the other tests, and the results were normal. He reckoned that unless we were prepared to try naturally for another 6 months after the lap, there was not much point.
this suits me fine as I was not keen on the idea of surgery, although I suppose it would've been good to have a final diagnosis, one way or another.

when will you start ivf?

bye for now x

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much,  I was so relieved to read your response,  as I really dont want to have one unless they can give me a good reason or I have symptons they are looking for.  Just to have a look to make sure seems doesnt do it for me!

I am hoping to start my IVF in July,  fingers crossed.

Good luck all, hope to see you on the board more Pups,  Im quite new too and everyone is so helpful.

Katie

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Katie

I've never had a lap either, I've had a HyCoSy about 4 years ago & showed tubes ok, so as the other Girls have said HyCoSy is as good as a Lap.

Good Luck with IVF.

Love Lisa xx

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Katie,

Glad to have put your mind at rest!
I'm hoping to start IVF in a month's time - but it's an 8 week cycle as they do various tests in the first 4 weeks (OST, Hycosy, dummy embryo transfer) - so a bit of a slog, but hopefully worth it! Maybe we can cycle together?!

Can I ask how long you've been ttc?

Let's hope it's first time lucky for us, x

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Pups,

Im glad you have got started with things,  8 weeks might seem like ages but bet it flys by!

We see consultant next week for S/A and then 21st for Nurse & Consultant,  I have been rushing around everywhere trying to get my doctor etc do do all the bloods I can so when we go on the 21st we can get started asap.  I am going to really push to see if we can start my mid July cycle.

We have been ttc for near 3 years now,  we did get pg 14 months ago naturally but m/c at 8 weeks,  but nothing since!  How about you?

Have you managed to get treatment on NHS or are you having to go private?

Katie x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.