Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Did not take aspirin and got BFP

Votes: 12 23.5%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going through first ICSI and have been told to take aspirin from when I start stimms (low dose aspirin).

I have done Internet searches and although there is no conclusive evidence or proper trials (as far as I can find anyway) from my research aspirin does seem to be beneficial and produce more BFP's  :)

What haev your experiences been girls  :)
Pipkin  :)

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi Pipkin,

My clinic told me to take nothing but paracetamol for pain relief. I have read something which did suggest that Aspirin can help implantation as it helps thin your blood and some people here have been prescribed it. I guess it depends on your circumstances. Whatever, I'd follow your clinics advice to the letter, I did and was lucky enough to get a BFP.

Best of luck to you.

Edna

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi Pipkin,

I done ICSI but wasn't advised about aspirin and didn't know anything about it until halfway through my treatment.  I got a BFP.
Good luck with your tx and I hope you get a BFP

Take care
Love Zoe x

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your thoughts girls  :)

Well so far according to the poll it is about even because 8 people have voted to say they got BFP and did not take aspirin and 4 people have voted to say they got BFP while taking aspirin.

It is a shame we can't get an even number of voters on both sides to get a more accurate picture  :-\  Anyway I will do as my clinic said (well put Edna and congrats on BFP!) and take the aspirin (actually I have just started to do so as i have moved on to stimms!).

Thanks to you all.
Pipkin x

·
Registered
100 Posts
HI Pipkin
I know there is no strong evidence supporting aspirin use , I'm unlike the other girls ,i wasn't on it during the first two ICSIs & got BFN, & the third clinic put me on it in my last ICSI & got BFP & still on it , & they are advising me to continue on it till 9 MONTHS,I don't know if what happened was a coincidence  :-\ :-\,but it won't harm you or the babies if you take the baby dose..IF WAS ADVICED BY YOUR DOCTOR.
::) ::) ::) ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Hi Pipkin

I got a BFP after taking low dose asprin following ICSI.  But the only reason I was told to take it was because my ankle was in a cast at the time, all in an attempt to avoid any blood clots forming due to my injury.

Good luck!

~Natt~

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Hi :)
I was interested in taking low dose aspirin, after reading that it can aid implantation. But when I asked my consultant about taking it, he told me not to, because when I had the immune tests for lupus and anticardiolipin antibodies, I tested negative. He said aspirin is only recommended when an immune problem is uncovered, and further mentioned that it can be detrimental if you don't have a known immune issue. This was just his opinion though, and I'm sure it varys widely depending on who you speak to.
If your clinic recommended you take it, there is probably a reason why they think it will be beneficial for your tx.
^goodluck^
luv Nat xx

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you to the latest friends that have posted  :)

Well, I went for my first stimms scan today (day 7 of stimms) and mentioned to the nurse that I had bad indigestion.  She spoke to the doctor and I was advised to STOP the aspirin as it can cause stomach ulcers and bleeding of the stomach in some people and she didn't like that fact that I had indigestion all the time  :-\

Reason for me taking the aspirin in the first place was becuase there is a family history of stroke so I am a bit worried about not taking it now but will do as i am told  ^police^

Thanks again to all of you
Pip

·
Registered
91 Posts
hi
i ddnt take aspirin for 1st ivf and got bfp but had m/c at 12 weeks :'(

i read about aspirin and got really excited about taking it this time but then my ivf consultant advised me against it and said that it can increase the risk of m/c :mad:
but another ff lady tod me a m/c expert in harley st recommended her to take it ^idiot^
so now i am confused too!
i think you need to go with your own doctors recommendation as we are all different
best wishes to everone with this dilemma
mashie xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.