Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm new to all this and got told something today that has made me a bit concerned.  My hubby had a sa done 2 year ago and his count was low they told us at the hospital that we would require ICSI.  I am currently injecting Suprecur daily can I still have ICSI with this drug or should I be taking a different drug and have the hospital forgot that I am going to have ICSI.  On my letters from hospital it says IVF.  Just wooried that we are going to have IVF rather than ICSI when we shouldn't be.  Don't want to ring the hospital and bother them as I am there on Thursday for my baseline scan but it is driving me crazy. ^scared^  PLEASE can anyone help???

Thanks

Kerry x

·
Registered
266 Posts
Kerry - don't panic...when taking the medication it makes no difference whether its IVF or ICSI you're having done. Everything is the same...the only difference comes after EC when a different method is used to fertilize the eggs.  With IVF the egg and sperm are put together and basically left to get on with it...with ICSI a single sperm is injected into the egg by an embryologist to try and fertilize the egg.

Prob good to check next time you're at your clinic that they are aware that you need to have ICSI but other than that...there's nothing to worry about...just carry on as instructed.

Hope that puts your mind to rest.  Good Luck....hope it all goes really well and you soon get a BFP.

Love  Eve xx 

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Eve

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH, you have put my mind at rest and I feel as though a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders.  Been worried sick all day up until receiving this reply,it's just that I don't know if it's me imagining things but I get the feeling that ICSI is more successful than IVF.

Congratulations on your twins, may I just say they are gorg.

Thanks once again. 
Take Care

Kerry xx

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Kerry

I think ICSI is more successfully where there male fertility issues.
I am having ICSI as my dp has low motility

Good luck with your cycle

Regards
Bella

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Bella

Just wanted to say GOOD LUCK for Friday I bet you can't wait.  I don't know how I am going to cope during the 2ww.

Let us know how you get on

Love & Best Wishes

Kerry
XX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.