Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Wonder if you can help me as im freaking out, just come back from my baseline scan and have got a 4cm x 4cm cyst on my left ovary.  For the time being im still to continue with my buseralin in the hope it will reduce in size by my next scan a week today....

Is this common and what are the chances of it actually reducing ? I just want to prepare myself really for another abandoned cycle if thats whats realistically going to happen...

Anyone with some advice ????

Luv A xx

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Andrea

I too had a cyst approx the same size whilst down-regulating, was told that when af came it would prob disappear which it did just before i began stims.

Hope your is the same

Love Nic xx

·
Registered
57 Posts
hi andrea,i also had a cyst they drained it when i had ec,then i was scaned in jan it was back,had another scan in march it had gone,try not to worry to much.
        sarah c xx

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Hi Andrea

I recently had an abandoned IUI due to a similar sized cyst (as I was stimming and not down regging they had to abandon) but they said if the same happens when I am down regging for IVF they will aspirate it before I start stimming.

Your clinic will be used to these things as it is fairly common - good luck. I hope yours shrinks in time.

All the best

Nicky 

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Hi Andrea

On my last cycle I had a cyst the same size as yours when I had my baseline scan. My consultant was going to drain it at E/C but whilst he was collecting my eggs it burst on it's own!

Don't worry too much. Evenif it doesn't shrink I am sure they will be able to drain it at E/C.

Good luck

Rachel xx

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you to all of you lovely peeps who have replied, at least that puts my mind at rest a little.  They didnt say anything about aspirating at EC so I will ask about that.

Thank you...

Andrea

1 - 6 of 6 Posts