Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Technical question - what causes early ovulation i.e. after scans on Days 9 and 12 of long protocol and taking overnight ovitrelle injection at prescribed time was found to have already ovulated when turned up for EC . Hence eggs had 'escaped'. Any help welcome

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Zora - This just happened to me today, am gutted.

I was on SP for 10 days (Merionel & Cetrotide), day 11 took 10,000 pregnyl @8pm.

Has this happened to anyone else ? 

Any idea why ?

Lx

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am on the same drugs/protocol as you Lorri.  Will keep you posted as on day 8 at the moment.

Really sorry for you for what has happened.  Did they explain how this happened and is it something they experience very often?  Is there no way they could tell that you might ovulate naturally?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Jackie - as yet, no explanation, they were just so shocked, as I was so closely monitored. I had a scan and LH blood test on Saturday morning. I will have to find out more at my followup. They did say that next time, they would trigger me late and do EC early (not much consolation now !)

It is very rare, so please don't fret too much about it happening to you. This is my 2nd attempt, and it didn't happen on my first go. I just feel so sad  that it happened at all :'(

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HI Lorri , waiting to see the consultant no explanation yet . One of the doctors later said that it probably was not early ovulation as they managed to get one egg  and if I had ovulated early they wouldn't have got early. So we will see.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should have read 'would not have got any' not early . Sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.