Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently down regulating for my 1st ICSI tx. Baseline is on Tuesday. Following a bit of over zealous housework I've hurt my back (I've had back pain in the past) and was wondering if I can take ibruprofen or other anti-inflammatory painkillers - obviously I don't want to risk my tx and can't check with my clinic till Monday.

Anyone know about this???

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Hi Shannon

I am not a nurse but I have my first baseline scan on monday (for my 1st ICSI) and have had bad AF pains plus headaches whilst downregging. Had the mother of all headaches today resulting in me being put to bed at my brother's house as it got so bad when I was there.

I have just taken paracetemol as I have always read that ibuprofen (the only thing that really works for me for any kind of pain) can affect ovulation and increase miscarriage. Even though I am only still downregging I didn't want it in my system so have steered clear.

This is just my personal view.

Good luck for your scan on Tuesday - why don't you join us on the October/November cycle buddies thread??

Best of luck

Nicky x

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi shannon

Throughout all my treatment I was told that I should only take paracetamol for pain releif.

I read somewhere that the other painkillers like nurofen etc thin the lining of your womb/uterous so they should be avoided.

I would just take paracetamol until you can speak to your clinic.

AND take it easy.  Put your feet up and read a book.

take care

susie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts