Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could somone advise please.
My wife had 2 Grade 1 eggs put back yesterday morning, however this morning she has had pains similar to period pains. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Hi, if the transfer was after an egg collection then the pains could be because the ovaries are settling down again but also because of the progesterone I am sure she is taking. They can mimic all the signs of a period. Very normal!

Ruth

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for replying.
My wife had Egg collection on Monday and replaced yesterday.
First time IVF, so still quite worried.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Young,

Let me just echo what Ruth has already said......its completely normal to have these types of gryping pains.

It can sometimes take a while for the ovaries to settle down from the EC and on top of that the cyclogest are evil ^evil^ and give you horrible pains, I think its just to test us!!!! try not to give too much energy to analysing every little pain, itll drive you crazy, thats if youre not already there !!!

Can I say how touched I was to see a DH posting on here out of concern for his wife, well done you.....as someone who is also in her 2ww, lots of TLC is all she needs which by the sounds of it you are already doing brilliantly, good for you.....

If either of you would like more support theres plenty of us on the 2ww thread, we'd love for you to join us there, youre never alone....

Best of luck to you both....

Love Andrea

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to be a little dense... but where do we find the 2WW Thread?
Thank you for your reply...

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you once again...
Looked through the responses and it seems it's fairly common.
This puts our minds at rest.. For the time being !!
Good luck with your wait and here's hoping we can give each other good news very soon.

Denise & Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts