Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
This is my first attempt at ISCI and I am taking Gonal-F together with Suprefact injections daily.  According to the clinic I should go through EC within 2 weeks, followed by ET 2-5 days later.  I desperately wanted to unwind in a bit of sun after the ET :), and was wondering if there are any reasons I should not travel for short haul flight to say spain?
Any and all views welcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi MacMc,
I have also been through ICSI at the ARGC and was on the same drugs as you.  Sadly it didn't work for me last time (had a weak +'tive result for one week, but then nothing), but we are going to try again!  Really thinking of you & so hope it works for you.  Re. travelling we have thought about this every time, but particularly at the ARGC, they can do ET quite late (i,.e 5 days after fertilisation) and so you actually need to be back to do your test at quite short notice.  Also ARGC often tend to put you on quite alot of drugs post transfer (including injections), without warning you beforehand, so can be very difficult to plan round it.  I was worried if we had any complications with the injections/drugs that we needed to be close by, but if you can fit it in timewise and are feeling OK about being further afield then go for it!  Sure the rest & sunshine would do you the world of good.
Thinking of you.

Gisele

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hi Gisele,
thanks for taking the time to respond and give me more insight into what to expect next and your experience to date( really sorry about the outcome). I find it hard to get a game plan from the ARGC - in general terms. Very glad I've found FF. Not sure when you are planning on trying again but I'm sending you all positive vibes :). Keep us posted on how it goes...really hope all goes well.
MacMc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts