Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am now on my next cycle of IUI - injecting Menopur and Suprefact daily. Last month after insemination I used cyclogest pessaries/suppositories which gave me very unpleasant side-effects  :eek: as I had to use them via the back door as I have a sensitive front door (tmi!!) After discussing this with my fertility nurse, she felt it was better for me to have progesterone injections every three days at the hospital to try to avoid the side-effects or make them any worse  :(

I have been told that these are intra-muscular.... does anyone know how bad these are??? as she raised her eyebrows when I asked how painful it is  ??? am now working myself up as I can cope quite well with the menopur etc... but I know that these are deeper....

A very worried big baby

Clairexxxx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Claire,

I had to inject progesterone (gestone) for the last few weeks leading up to 12weeks. Its not that bad honestly. You have to get your partner to do them for you and there is a technique so you dont feel much. If he slaps your bottom first then quickly injects you you dont feel a thing! Funny i know! The first time DP slapped mine i was laughing so much it hurt, the trick is to relax and keep as still as you can.

Good luck but with everything you kinda get used to them.

All the best Mand x

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Hi Claire

I am on gestone injections and honest i dont find them to bad as Mand sayed relax and you will be fine i have been doing the everyday for a week and i find them ok goodluck hun will keep fingers crossed for a bfp

love always lilly xxx

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Hi there,
I am just about 11 weeks pregnant and am still taking projesterone injections (have been since EC).  The needle itself isn't too bad..sometimes I can barely feel it and other times it stings a bit.  I was having trouble a few hours afterwards with muscle pain and was limping when I walked.  I found however, that when DH stabbed me at the side of the thigh (rather than lower back), that problem went away. 

By the way, my dr put me on projesterone injections because she says she has better luck with them compared with the suppositories.

Good luck to you. 

·
Registered
371 Posts
Claire

I don't know anythings about the injections but at my clinic they stopped using pessaries because of the number of people who had reactions. They moved to crinone gel. I am going to ask my UK clinic for it when i get to that stage as it is available in the UK. It is applied via a tampon applicator thingo at night before you go to bed and the gel is milder and only needs to be used once a day a night. But it is more expensive.

Just something you could ask about

Megan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts