Got back from Alicante on Saturday and have only just had a chance to catch up with everyone.
Congratulations to all the positive news so nice to read
I've just had a 2nd biopsy and after a chat with the doctor have decided to send off our 5 embryos for PGS Testing. It was a hard decision whether to go for a 3rd round but we decided to go ahead with the ones we have. Fingers crossed we will have a good one for transfer. Ive just received an email saying we may have to do another biopsy and a moch cycle. Did all you ladies have a moch cycle before transfer?
Fingers crossed for everyone who's cycling at the moment xx
Wonder if i can join on here -im not at Alicante but at Tarragona in spain - ive currently started treatment for DE which if all goes to plan will be transferred on 8th may this will be my 3rd attempt after 2 sucessful results and 2 beautiful girls.
Last 2 times i had fresh cycle both from the same donor and both times had 2 day 3 embies put in - this time ive been told due to my age they will only put it one hopeful blast for a healthy pregnancy and they have 18 frozen eggs in the bank from the same donor - they will thaw 9 and go from there - i am totally new to all this and dont know anything about frozen eggs so wondered if anyone could help - all i have been told is its a 5 to 10% less sucessful than a fresh cycle which scares me - DH is such a confident person and has always said keep positive and i always think the worse -im sure its only to protect myself, i wish they would do 2 but they wont and i know it only takes one but in the past we have never got to day 5 as the quality wasnt brilliant so they wanted to put back at day 3 so not sure how they are convinced they will get to day 5 now?
Good luck Cookson & Nemo. How exciting. Betty - gosh I admire you for going for a third -where do you find the energy? I am seriously impressed! I am 44 and hoping I have half your energy when my 2nd comes along! Well I eventually got my Harmony results and I am low risk for Trisomy 13,18 and 21. Thank God! We also found out that the fortune cookie was wrong. We are team blue! Not sure what to do with a boy after only having experienced a girl, but so grateful to be given the chance to find out. I am nearly 14 weeks but still classified as high risk because of my age so keeping this to myself till after the 20 wk scan. This is a journey of getting through each hurdle one step at a time . . . and keeping everythng crossed for dear life!
Congrats on team blue Greenbar 💙 One of each how amazing! I think they got mine and your cookies wrong way round! Lol!
Cookson so pleased u like the apartments! Weather good in Alicante I reccomemded a friend to go for few days and she's there now made me slightly envious as feel quite attached to the place. Good luck this week hon🍀
I'm currently in Portugal 🇵🇹 been here a week now with a week left, stunning weather and just having a really relaxing holiday. Last one abroad this year as it'll be a uk hol in 6 weeks before team pink arrives.
Shaz1234 I had my hysteroscopy done at Barts in London under ga. So I remember nothing of it. Are you having sedation?
Afm just sent an email to the doctor asking for donor eggs and sperm, to do ivf rather than icsi and not do pgs testing. Also to do a fresh transfer with two embryos. We are out there in two weeks for a night to have blood tests so we will see what they say.
Hi Janedu...thank you for replying! To be honest i've asked Spain to give me more information on this! Is it worth have sedation Jane? I don't know anything or even know what the cost is? Spain want to do it before our next transfer! We are starting again with donor eggs not sure if they will use the same donor as last time? The consultant who removed the donors eggs told me that we were so alike he would have took us for sisters!!! The last twice we put 2 embryos back hence the reason we have no embryos left!! They will put 2 embryos back if you request it! I'm 47 and they did for us!! X
I had the biopsy done. The first time with nothing and I can tell you it was pure agony. The second time I had sedation and it was a lot better. I think it's best to go with sedation but see what the clinic say. We used a donor last time and husband's sperm but when we got a poor result they said it was due to his sperm. So this time we are going all out donor. Also they think because embryos that were transferred were normal my body rejected them. So now we are having blood tests to find a better donor match to my dna. Hopefully we both get somewhere this time around. Xxx
Oh Janedu that sounds awful! Yeah i think if its painful then i'll go with sedation!! Can i ask you how much did it cost in London for this procedure? Did you feel the procedure benefited you Jane? Are you getting a donor with the same blood group? I don't think i did the last time. You know its hard to believe our body would reject normal embryos! What a journey we have been on! Hopefully we do get somewhere this time!! It will happen xx
The one in London was on the NHS. So I have no idea what they cost. It was just to look at the womb to make sure that there where no irregularities stopping me from getting pregnant. They also did some biopsies. It all came back clear apart from the fact that I have a differently shaped uterus arcuate they termed it. But that will have no impact on the pregnancy. Yes they plan on matching me genetically with a donor as they think it might have been an Immunogenicity problem. But sure God knows what the problem is really.
Thats good the results all came back normal for you! One less worry! Even although your uterus is showing a different shape. I did laugh at you saying god knows what the problem is really! I've said that to myself many times Jane! It did cross my mind if thats the problem with me i'm using a donor with a different blood group? I'm getting pregnant but the pregnancy is not continuing for some unknown reason! X