Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I wonder if you can help me with this one? I have just had my first unsuccessful IVF/ET. I had a biochemical pregnancy. I was on Synarel, progynova and gestone injections.

I am now preparing for a second cycle at a different clinic. They have told me that I should have one month taking a combined contraceptive pill from day 1 of my period, and that I should have a scan on day 15 of the pills & if all is OK, start back on Synarel.

Can you tell me why they want me to take a combined pill instead of just going straight to downregging with Synarel (which worked fine last time)?
Also, what will they be looking for when the scan is done?

many thanks,

Liz

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi Liz,

I too am taking the pill - microgynan. In my clinic its because they can regulate my cycle and tx can be started on a pre-planned date. I'm also egg sharing, so I think its to align me with recipient.

My clinic have advised me they are looking to start my tx on Day 14 or Day 21. Am assuming like you say, to check everything is okay.

I have a 29 day cycle and am on the dot each month. Apparently though that does not matter?

Sorry I can't be of any more help, but thought I would let you know its the same for me.

Best of luck,

Natalie x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts