Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is a completely daft question but I just want to check ... I started sniffing today and my baseline visit is 11th August which would be c day 11 of my cycle - this seems late to me as normally this would be just before ovulation. I know they haven't really made a mistake but I am paranoid I will go that appointment and they will say "whoops - we booked you in too late and you'll have to wait till the next cycle".

Sorry just illustrates my complete lack of understanding of the process but would appreciate some reassurance!

Thanks

Kat

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi there skittle

I'm not a nurse, but have just done a cycle of IVF so I've sniffed Synarel recently to "down regulate".

Prior to an IVF or ICSI the sniffing is to shut down your system - so that your ovaries are quiet and uterine lining is thin. They determine that at the baseline scan and then if it is all "asleep" you can start to stimulated with injections.

So, try not to worry about the timing. It is just to make doubly sure that the sniffing has worked and your system has responded properly.

good luck with your cycle

Ginger xxx

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Skittle,
I had my baseline scan on day 15, which is usally the day i ovulate, but everything was quiet, and I was ready to start stims.
Gingers right, forget what cd you are on now, the drugs will have totally changed your cycle.
Best of luck,
Marie xx

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hello Kat
Same here, I have been d/r with Synarel since day 21 of my last cycle. I am having my baseline scan on Monday which would make it actually day 16 of my cycle. Marie is right, your system shuts down so I am now ignoring cycle days and just following what my hospital advise!

Good luck with your tx!

Alison xx

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Just to add aqnother voice to this one. I was actually a day 2 start and baselined about 2 weeks later. As Marie says they want to ensure the body has shut down before starting the stim drugs.

Clare

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello,

Thank you all for your reassurance - I will stop worrying about the dates! (but am sure will find lots of other things to worry about instead!)

Best wishes,

Kat x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts