Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I'm hoping to start IUI at the beginning of Oct.
While we're saving for another IVF we thought we'd give IUI a try.
I was just wondering if anyone else has gone from IVF to IUI and got a BFP?
Or after 3 unsuccessful IVF's do you think we're stepping down in treatment?

Love
Kia.x

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Hi Kia

I have started with the IUI, we have been advised to have 3 goes (with drugs) and then to try IVF. Here it is not available on the NHS at all although in some places it is.
My thoughts are though that as I understand it the percentage of success is a fair bit higher with IVF. I don't know if you have unexplained infertility or whether you know of a problem but I assume you have had all the tests.
I guess if it is free then you could give it a go but otherwise I probably wouldn't . We have to go through 3 goes before we can get to IVF and we have unexplained infertility so we stand a good chance on it. But if you were advised to go for IVF first I would be surprised if you were advised to switch to IUI now.
As for it being something to do whilst you save for the next IVF, just enjoying a healthy sex life would probably give you close to the same chances unless you go for IUI with drugs.
Sorry I can't really be of more help but good luck with whatever you decide to do and I hope that BFP is just round the corner for you!
Minow x

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Just to let you know that ours cost £1203.85 so not a cheap option though cheaper than IVF. Also found out today (due to af arriving) that it hasn't worked.
Minow x

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Hi,
Ours was much cheaper - about £600.
We've had 4 iuis - 2 on NHS. The 2 private ones were "natural" ie no drugs.

Because of my FSH levels & age (FSH ranges from 9.4 - 16) & will be 39 in Jan, we are starting ICSI this month on top dossage of drugs.  If I fail to respond we will revert this cycle to iui & carry on trying with iui & then possibly consider donor eggs.

If your eggs fertilise with ivf then iui is probably a good option - if fertilisation is a problem then iui is unlikely to work.

Good luck!
Hope this helps,
Jess x

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi ya,

Thank you for all the replies.
I think we will try the IUI (with drugs) because our NHS consultant advised us to try while we're saving for the IVF, Luckily we're able to have it on the NHS (we just have to pay for our private clinic to sort and wash DH's sperm).

Minow - we've been told that it's not possible for us to fall pregnant naturally, so i feel I'd try anything that has any chance of working. Sorry to hear your treatment didn't work this time (((HUGS)))

Jillypops - Good luck for you next cycle hun. Third time lucky. Fingers crossed for you.

Jess p - I'm waiting for my FSH result to come back because mine are rising. Good luck for your ICSI. Hope you dreams come true for this cycle. With our IVF treatment my eggs do fertilise so there is a chance IUI will work for us.

Love
Kia.x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.