Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just wondered if anyone could give me some reassurance please?
My last IVF cycle was abandoned due to slow response to Menopur so I stopped taking both the Menopur and Buserilin 3 weeks ago now but still no sign of AF.  The clinic said to expect it in approx 2 weeks.  The thing that concerns me slightly is that I've still got lots of the egg-white type cervical mucus (sorry if TMI) which I usually get around ovulation.  Does my body think it's still trying to ovulate of something?  Would it have been better if I'd actually had the profasi injection to trigger ovulation?  (the clinic didn't mention anything like this)  I know this sounds weird but it feels like my body is stuck in a phase it can't get out of  :-\

Any ideas anyone?

lots of love Lamby
xxxx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Hi Lamby,

When I had a cycle of ovulation induction abandoned last year due to poor response to stimms (I was using Puregon) it took nearly 5 weeks for AF to appear. After 4 weeks I went back to the clinic as I felt like you describe, but the Doc told me it was normal and AF would turn up eventually, even though she'd previously said it would be 2 weeks.

Hopefully the wicked ^witch^ will appear soon,

Chux xx

·
Registered
391 Posts
What's AF please?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi Lollypop,

AF is known as Aunt Flo, better known as the dreaded menstrual cycle.

If you go to the home page, there is a link to infertility jargon thats used.

Natalie xx

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thanks Natalie, Had sorta worked it out but wanted to be sure and do not like to think I'm missing out (goes with the territory!)  Will visit the jargon section for defo!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Lamby  :)

I have been down regging with buserelin for the last 5 weeks and was even told last week to double my dose for a week to try to get the dreaded AF to arrive.  I too had that awful egg white stage for a few days (yuk!) last week, but am glad to say now that today I have a slight AF.  I have a scan tomorrow to see if I can carry on to the next stage.  Just wanted to wish you luck and to say don't give up - AF will arrive soon.

All the best,

Minty  ^fairydust^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts